[scribus] Margins and printing

Jane Brown help at scribus.info
Sun Nov 21 16:29:58 CET 2010

Submitted on 11/21/2010
Submitted by anonymous user: [10.1.5.224]

Submitted values are:

   Name: Jane Brown
   Email Address: inisfad at vodafone.ie
   Subject: Margins and printing
   Message:
Version 1.3.3.14 with Ubuntu 9.10
I thought I had this licked, but no.  I cannot get the margins to set up
properly with Scribus.  I have already posted this problem and was advised to
print via PDF.  This worked with my old printer, now I have a new HP C4680,
and when making/printing greeting cards, no matter how far I put my
illustrations to the right hand margin, they still print off center, way to
the left, even with PDF.  I now have my illustrations completely off the
page, in order to try to print properly, and have to do dozens of fast drafts
before I can get this to print right., solely by trial and error.   Is there
ANY way to set up these margins, so that I can print what I see?  Thanks!

   About your Scribus program:
     Version: 1.3.3.14
     Prebuilt/Compiled: Prebuilt
     Build Date:
   Your operating system and CPU:
     Type: Linux
     Version: 9.10 Karmic Koala
     CPU type: 32bit (Intel/AMD - i386)

The results of this submission may be viewed at:
http://www.scribus.net/node/158/submission/601