[scribus] Import autmation from tables into text frames

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Sat Nov 20 21:07:01 CET 2010

On Saturday 20 November 2010 14:38:53 Cezary Grabski wrote:
> Well... it is urgent task to impelement in Scribus - database
> publishing. In Ventura 8 (I dont remeber other versions) there was
> Database Publisher apps for convert DB content into layout.
> Making this task avaiable in Scribus will made it a TOTAL layout
> app.
>
> cezaryece

I once did a Dog breeder directory in three steps.
1. Extract data from RDBMS using an sql script.
2. Reformat the output to TeX code using a Perl program.
3. Print the directory using TeX.
With Scribus instead of TeX for the third step perhaps the conversion
could be to .sla instead of .tex. First i would create a dummy page
laid out like you want it. Then I would construct the intermediate
program to duplicate that layout with different input based on the
extracted data. The front part and the back part of the .sla file
 would be maintained as is, with only the middle part duplicated x
number of times using the data from the file created in step 1.

There are other scenarios using Open Office Writer but I don't like them
as well.
--
John Culleton, Wexford Press
"Create Book Covers with Scribus" $5.95 at

Free eps format barcode: http://www.tux.org/~milgram/bookland/