[scribus] Template for business cards

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Thu Nov 18 16:21:32 CET 2010

On Thursday 18 November 2010 03:10:48 John Beardmore wrote:
> On 18/11/2010 07:18, a.l.e wrote:
> > ciao john,

> >> This is 1.5 ?
> >
> > no, 1.3.9
>
> Many thanks !  Found that and those.
>
> I'm still struggling to find the 1.5 svn strand. Is this not
> available as a windows installer ?
>

> Cheers, J/.

Sometimes it helps to have more than one OS on your computer. For Open
Source projects the Windows version is often late in coming and harder
to install. For example on Slackware Linux all the bits and pieces
needed for compiling Scribus come with the system, the compiler, the
linker, the QT4 libraries and so on. It is a fair amount of work to
assemble and install these on other Linux flavors, and even more work
on MSWIn and OS X.  So those who live on the bleeding edge, like me,
find that Linux is a more comfortable way to go.

The wiki will most likely have some useful information on installing
and updating an svn version on MSWin.  I just prefer the easier path.
--
John Culleton, Wexford Press
"Create Book Covers with Scribus" $5.95 at

Free eps format barcode: http://www.tux.org/~milgram/bookland/