[scribus] Scribus template for photo book

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 18 15:45:51 CET 2010

On 11/17/2010 01:29 PM, David Bookbinder wrote:
> I'm interested in using Scribis foe a photo book and would be interested in seeing any templates from others who have done this successfully. I'll probably print through Amazon and will get their dimensions, but as this is my first DTP venture having a template to star that includes things like spine and jacket text as well as cover art would be a great help.

Here is a collection of scripts I wrote some years ago for creating
something like a photo album.

http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Automatic_import_of_images:_Versions_not_requiring_Tkinter

What I was trying to do was to deal with the chore of individually
to identify a directory full of images, after which the script creates
pages with a particular layout and loads the images in alphabetical
order according to the file name.

I have made options to simply cram as many photos as possible on a page,
and others with a staggered layout so that text frames could be inserted
for various descriptions and annotations. The relative dimensions were
according the the first digital camera I had, so when I upgraded my
camera I needed to alter those parameters.

The scripts are mainly meant as a starting point for the idea to show
how it can be done, and leave plenty of room for customization by others.

Greg