[scribus] Problem with page numbers, new problem with table

matti.huomanen at saunalahti.fi matti.huomanen at saunalahti.fi
Mon Nov 15 21:55:14 CET 2010

Thanks Greg for the advise. However I cannot get the lines visible. I've tried to select each cell separatelly and ticked all four boarders but after pressing F11 I can see only text that are written to each cell, no boarders. Shift + Alt doen nothing, the cursor is a cross with arrows at each end when I have the table selected.

Gregory Pittman [gregp_ky at yahoo.com] kirjoitti:
> On 11/12/2010 01:45 AM, matti.huomanen at pp.inet.fi wrote:
> > Thanks, I found the lock and got rid of the unwanted fixed page number.
> >
> > Table
> > problem, how do I get table lines visible? Can I merge cells to form only one
> > cell?
>
> The cells of a table are really just individual frames, grouped. The
> only thing unique to the cells of a table versus a "regular" frame is
> that you can specify different line characteristics for each cell and
> select whether to apply them to all the borders of the cell.
>
> The not obvious way to get at this is to hold down Shift+Alt, then click
> on a cell to select an individual. (Don't ungroup the table)
>
> Now if you go to the Line tab of Properties, you will see the option to
> choose which of the sides to apply your line features to.
>
> You can't merge cells in the usual sense, but once cells are ungrouped
> you can enlarge or change the shape of individual cells. If you don't
> ungroup you will change the dimensions of an entire row or column. You
> can also change the type of frame to image or whatever.
>
> Greg

Matti Huomanen
040-7307008