[scribus] newbie queries

John Ghormley KJ4UFG kj4ufg at sera.org
Mon Nov 15 17:10:36 CET 2010

On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 9:27 AM, Jerry Halberstadt <
subscriber at newtechpub.com> wrote:

> Only issue of concern when it might come to sending PDF files to a printer:
> a lot of printers claim that only Adobe PDF is supported. But not a worry
> for me today.

Jerry, I'm a relative newbie to Scribus 1.3.3.14, also.  However, I just
finished a 60 page magazine and submitted it to my printer last week.  I
used the File->Export->Save as pdf option and the resulting pdf was reviewed
with InDesign on a Mac at the print shop.  Except that I forgot to embed my
fonts on the first try, it was just fine.  After embedding my fonts on the
second try, the pdf worked great and the magazine is being assembled as I
write this.  From all I can observe, you need not worry at all about the pdf
generated by Scribus as it will fit Adobe's definition of pdf files
perfectly.

John
Walkertown, NC  USA