[scribus] Data Merge

Mark Biernat help at scribus.info
Fri Nov 12 09:05:43 CET 2010

Submitted on 11/12/2010
Submitted by anonymous user: [10.1.5.224]

Submitted values are:

   Name: Mark Biernat
   Email Address: markbiernat at yahoo.com
   Subject: Data Merge
   Message:
I am using Scribus 1.3.8. In my mind there is nothing at this juncture
Scribus can not do. And with PDF/X-3 the output quality is as good if not
better than Indesign. I inspected a number of documents to compare.

However, the one thing I have not been able to do is data merge or mail
merge. That is taking a *.csv file and populating various test boxes.
Open Office has this but I need professional quality PDF on par with Scribus'
PDF/X-3 and further,  OO Writer does not have the design abilities of
Scribus.

I have read as much as I can and there seemed to be a python script that
worked in earlier version for data Merge, but for earlier versions.  I also
know people have asked this question before so forgive me if this is a
redundant question.

However, It is coming up on 2011 and I am curious if this is still a back
burner issue or is it being worked on or is there a work around I can deploy?
Either way thank you very much. I think Scribus is an amazing program that at
this juncture is on par with the the best proprietary DTP program. I am very
impressed. In fact I find it easier to use.

   About your Scribus program:
     Version: 1.3.7svn
     Prebuilt/Compiled: Compiled
     Build Date:
   Your operating system and CPU:
     Type: Windows
     Version: Vista
     CPU type: 32bit (Intel/AMD - i386)

The results of this submission may be viewed at:
http://www.scribus.net/node/158/submission/593