[scribus] PDF/X-4 export

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Sun Nov 7 15:45:31 CET 2010

On Sunday 07 November 2010 09:27:58 John wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> This is my first post to this list. I am running Scribus 1.3.8
> Build ID: C-C-T-F-C1.10.0 on Fedora 14. My problem is that I need
> to export PDF/X-4 (need transparency) and apparently it is not
> available in my version of Scribus. I'd like to know how can I
> enable PDF/X-4 in Scribus.

As I understand it transparency is available in recent versions of
PDF, certainly in PDF 1.6 and probably going back to PDF 1.4 (I
haven't checked.)

In the USA printers are increasingly insisting on PDF X/1-a:2001, a
standard that doesn't allow for transparency or gradients. It makes
our job harder and theirs easier.

--
John Culleton, Wexford Press
"Create Book Covers with Scribus" $5.95 at

Free eps format barcode: http://www.tux.org/~milgram/bookland/