[scribus] flowing text around a group

ehud.kaplan at gmail.com ehud.kaplan at gmail.com
Wed Nov 3 17:44:55 CET 2010

Thanks-- I noticed that the relevant buttons were grayed out in 1.3.8,
but thought that there was some other way of doing it.  Any idea when
1.5 or 1.6 will be out?
Thanks for your help.
EK

On 11/03/2010 10:52 AM, Gregory Pittman wrote:
> On 11/03/2010 10:29 AM, a.l.e wrote:
>> hi

>>> Yes, but in future.
>>> UI for it is ready in 1.3.8 but not working yet.
>>
>> cezary is right... it's implemented in 1.5svn... so it will appear in
>> 1.6!
>
> It seemed that the heart of your question, and the other question (you
> had 2), was how to do it...  I thought that it was pretty obvious that
> it's not possible in 1.3.8 since you can't even get to the text flow
> settings.
>
> Even if/when text flow around a group is possible, I think you are
> still going to find that you will have better control over the process
> by making one or more empty frames when you are dealing with a group.
>
> Greg

Ehud Kaplan, Ph.D.
Jules and Doris Stein /Research to Prevent Blindness /Professor
*Director*, Center of Excellence for /Computational & System neuroscience,/
The Friedman Brain Institute, MSSM
*Director*, The laboratory of /Visual & Computational Neuroscience/
Depts. of Neuroscience, Ophthalmology, Chemical & Structural Biology
The Mount Sinai School of Medicine
One Gustave Levy Place
New York, NY, 10029