[scribus] flowing text around a group

ehud.kaplan at gmail.com ehud.kaplan at gmail.com
Wed Nov 3 14:57:29 CET 2010

I am not sure I got an answer to my question: /can text flow around a
grouped object? /
In working on a poster, for example, I would like to group together the
image and its caption, and move them to where they should be, and it
would be great if the rest of the text could flow around them.
EK

On 11/03/2010 09:02 AM, Gregory Pittman wrote:
> On 11/03/2010 08:46 AM, ehud.kaplan at gmail.com wrote:
>> I would like to create a figure by grouping together an image frame and
>> a text frame (caption), and then overlay them on a text frame so that
>> the text in that frame will flow around the group. I failed to achieve
>> that using properties/shape/use contour line. How do I do that? can text
>> flow around a group?
>
> For complex situations, you will probably save time and effort by
> creating one or more empty frames on top of the frame which will have
> text flow, then edit the frame(s) or the contour line(s) as needed.
>
> Greg

Ehud Kaplan, Ph.D.
Jules and Doris Stein /Research to Prevent Blindness /Professor
*Director*, Center of Excellence for /Computational & System neuroscience,/
The Friedman Brain Institute, MSSM
*Director*, The laboratory of /Visual & Computational Neuroscience/
Depts. of Neuroscience, Ophthalmology, Chemical & Structural Biology
The Mount Sinai School of Medicine
One Gustave Levy Place
New York, NY, 10029