[scribus] vinyl sign letter cutter

Frank Cox melville.theatre at gmail.com
Thu May 27 22:42:08 CEST 2010

On Thu, 2010-05-27 at 15:43 -0400, John Culleton wrote:
> Inkscape is a vector (svg) drawing program similar to Adobe
> Illustrator. If it does the job you need then go for it.

Since the folks who are going to be using this thing have never used
Inkskape (or Adobe Illustrator) and since they use Scribus on a daily
basis and are therefore quite familiar with how to use that, my question
is:  Can Scribus be used to drive one of these cutting machines?  If so,
is there anything special that needs to be done to make it work?

And again, does anyone have a recommendation for a brand/model of vinyl
cutting machine that will work with Centos and (hopefully) Scribus?

I have never actually seen one of these machines before, so it's all new
to me.