[scribus] Printing with Scribus

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Thu May 27 15:00:15 CEST 2010

On Wednesday 26 May 2010 09:48:36 Ray wrote:
> Hi all,
>

> As a 77 yr old newbie to Ubuntu I seem to be having a problem
printing any
> pages from Scribus.
> As Christoph says Scribus is not the friendliest program to use
and I
> realise it will take some practice to find all the controls etc. I also
> have been using PagePlus and am amazed how easy that
program is to make up
> DTP pages.
> My immediate problem is that I can successfully print pages
from the Open
> Office Word Processor and O.O. Presentation programs with my
Pixma iP 5300,
> but not from Scribus 1.3.3.13svn program.
> When I make up a page and tell it to print, it feeds out a blank
page.
> What have I missed?
>
> Ned

Since the useful output of Scribus is almost always pdf, I just
export the document to pdf and print through Acrobat Reader. I
have never attempted to print directly from Scribus.

Decisions are made when you create a pdf. You bypass those
decisions when you print from Scribus.
--
John Culleton
Wexford Press