[scribus] Scribus

Steven Dayton daytonmeister at gmail.com
Wed May 26 23:28:42 CEST 2010

I went back and read the original message and some of the replies. I was
reminded of an oft used saying "We agree to disagree" and a better version
of that saying someone recently said is "We agree to disagree but not to be
disagreeable". I like the latter version much better. Even though I know
Scribus has room to grow and develop I'm glad to have it in my bag of
graphic tricks. Rock on open source and the folks who develop, program, and
put it all together.

On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 2:16 PM, Gregory Pittman <gregp_ky at yahoo.com> wrote:

> On 05/26/2010 04:04 PM, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:
>
>> On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 5:40 AM, Christoph Schäfer
>>
>> No regards, no signature
>>>

>> There are different ways to talk to people who are disappointed. You
>> picked the one that makes the whole team look like a bunch of jerks,
>> and this is me --- the utter bastard known for metaphorically slapping
>> people --- telling you that.
>>
>> There's a lot of issues in Scribus that no manuals reading can ever
>> solve. Turning down someone who wasn't born with preinstalled
>> knowledge of Scribus is the worst idea ever.
>>

> OTOH, the original post seemed like a one-way rant, and as such rather
> pointless.
>
> If there was any semi-coherent point(s), it was: your software sucks since
> it doesn't match my experience, and therefore if you want to please me, you
> better start all over again.
>
> If nothing else, he doesn't know anything about the history of Scribus and
> others like it in any way. Like so many other complainers, he no doubt knows
> nothing about programming. He also didn't seem to leave any option for being
> taught anything.
>
> Greg

StevenD

So you want it fast, good, and cheap. Choose any two.

A bad day at the beach is better than a good day at work.