[scribus] mail at jan-hufenbach.de

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Mon May 24 18:25:46 CEST 2010

On Mon, 24 May 2010 17:55:56 +0200
"a.l.e" <ale.comp_06 at xox.ch> dijo:

>hi jan
>
>> for some time now, I have been working with Scribus quite well, but
>> now I have run up against a problem I have so far been unable to
>> easily solve. I am doing a document with a left-right page layout.
>> For design reasons, the page number for the left and right page are
>> to be placed both in a corner of the left page, e.g.: 14-15,
>> 16-17, ... Is there a simple way (other than placing all numbers
>> manually) to accomplish this? Something like "## - (##+1)".
>
>afaik, there is no automatic way, no...
>
>but you could always write a script to do put the numbers for you.
>
>if you have few pages, it may be easier to manually write the "right"
>pages in there.

I do my writing in OOo and use Scribus 1.3.6 (currently) for layout.
My initial reaction was to put the page number field in twice, and
define the second one as "page_number+1." I can do that in OOo, but I
just tried Scribus and apparently you cannot do math operations on the
page number field.

How could a script do this if you can't do it manually? Or have I
misunderstood something?