[scribus] insert music in document to publish to pdf

Owen rcook at pcug.org.au
Mon May 24 04:59:13 CEST 2010

On Sun, 23 May 2010 15:50:58 -0400
Heather Woollard <buddhanature28 at me.com> wrote:

> this one saves as a midi. Thanks for the help though.

I think you should realize that Scribus is a DTP program and files,
such as a midi (mid) file cannot be embedded.

There is a program called midi2abc ( part of the abcMIDI
package, http://ifdo.pugmarks.com/~seymour/runabc/top.html )which
converts a midi file to abc notation. See
http://abc.sourceforge.net/abcMIDI/ although I am unsure as to how well
it does this.

There is also the abc2ps program that will convert abc notation to ps.

And of course, postscripted abc notation can be imported into Scribus.

Owen