[scribus] soft text shadow

TSH tsh.gmane at miserableoldgit.me.uk
Fri May 21 16:01:30 CEST 2010

On Fri, 21 May 2010 16:11:45 +0300, Jean-Luc Waber wrote:

> I would like to drop a soft shadow for some of my text in titles. In
> scribus, as far as I know, I can only have a shadow which is an exact
> copy of the front text. Is there a way to have this shadow as a soft
> shadow in Sribus? I tried with Inkscape, but can't import text-svg. I
> tried to import it as a bitmap, but then the font looses in quality and
> I am afraid that it will be seen in the print. Any suggestions? Jean-Luc

I've made two text frames, one layered over the other, with the lower one
offset to one side and down a bit. The upper frame has the text, maybe
with different outline and fill colours, and the lower one with the same
text, but in pale grey.

A bit of manipulation got quite a satisfying result, though it's not
quite the 'soft' shadow you're after. Maybe you could make the lower
layer a bitmap with blurred edges.

--
Stewart H.

Posting via Gmane