[scribus] Page Background Color

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Thu May 20 16:02:59 CEST 2010

On 05/19/2010 07:51 PM, John Culleton wrote:
> On Wednesday 19 May 2010 08:39:30 D wrote:
>> Is it possible to make the page of a scribus document
> transparent? If so
>> how do I accomplish this using Scribus1.3.6 on Windows XP

> Yes. The background layer is inherently solid white but the layer
> can be ignored and other layers created.  When exporting  the file
> first mark the background layer as one not to be included.
It's a bit hard to imagine why you would want to do this. The default
situation is for no background color to be assigned to the page. Both
Scribus and Adobe Reader show a background of white so you can easily
see your content.

If you wish, you can go to File > Preferences > Display, and in the
Color tab choose a fill color and Page Border that are the same as the
scratch space color, so you will get the visual sense that there is no
page color. I would expect that this would not be helpful to your
perception of colors in your layout, however. You will also lose some
sense of where things are in relationship to the borders of the page.

Greg