[scribus] Appling Styles

Eric Hanuise ehanuise at fantasybel.net
Tue May 18 15:00:34 CEST 2010

On 17/05/2010 11:32, Jean Airey wrote:
> Submitted on 05/17/2010
> Submitted by anonymous user: [10.1.6.26]
>
> Submitted values are:
>
>     Name: Jean Airey
>     Email Address: njean1943 at aol.com
>     Subject: Appling Styles
>     Message:
> I am very familiar with MS Publisher, but have started looking at Scribus as
> it seems to have stronger pdf capabilities. I rely on styles to format text
> -- rarely changing a line on its own. As part of learning, I've imported a 46
> page document containing poems (lots of paragraphs). I need to be able to
> select several paragraphs at once and apply the designed style to them.
> Haven't been able to figure it out. Ideas? Or is this not possible?

It's in fact easier to define styles in your source document, the import
it in scribus (which'll import the styles info along your text).
You can the edit the styles, and it'll apply to the whole text.
Don't know about MSWord import, but you can open your word document in
openoffice, then save as .odt and import in scriibus while retaining
your original doc's styles.

So instead of your old workflow which was to get text in, then apply
styles you here apply styles in your word processor, then import text.
Not a big difference.