[scribus] Print Preview Transparency Problem

Marcus Zaiser marcus.zaiser at arcor.de
Mon May 17 17:22:09 CEST 2010

Submitted on 05/17/2010
Submitted by anonymous user: [10.1.6.26]

Submitted values are:

   Name: Marcus Zaiser
   Email Address: marcus.zaiser at arcor.de
   Subject: Print Preview Transparency Problem
   Message:
Dear Support Team,

I got problems displaying transparent png images in the print preview. All
diplay options on the right side of the print preview window are deactivated.
I can't activate them (e.g. "activate transparency" or  "activate anti
aliasing" etc.; the buttons are grey). Therefore my images are not
transparent in print preview and when I print the document the images are
also not transparent. After exporting the document as pdf the images are
transparent. So printing directly from Scribus is not possible at the moment.

I had Ghost Script 8.54 installed, today I updated to 8.71 but no success or
change. Any suggestions how to activate the transparency feature during print
preview? In the documentation I've read that Ghostscript 7.07 or higher with
the device "pngalpha" is needed. Couldn't find any documentation about how to
install or use "pngalpha".

Best whises,
Marcus

   About your Scribus program:
     Version: 1.3.6
     Prebuilt/Compiled: Compiled
     Build Date:
   Your operating system and CPU:
     Type: Windows
     Version: WinXP
     CPU type: 32bit (Intel/AMD - i386)

The results of this submission may be viewed at:
http://www.scribus.net/?q=node/158/submission/427