[scribus] label type project questions

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Sun May 16 16:02:01 CEST 2010

hi bill,

> * Similarly, can I bring names in and have them filled in like one
> would in a mail merge?
>
> I am not aware of that feature in Scribus. Rememer, it’s a desktop
> publishing program, not a word processor. You could try importing your
> finished document into a word processing program, create a text box
> over the space in your Scribus documents for information from your
> mail merge list and try to import the information to the text box. No
> guarantees that will work, but it may be worth a try.

you can have a look at:

http://www.assembla.com/wiki/show/scribusmailmerge
http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Poor_man%27s_mail_merge

even if the given scripts don't work anymore in modern versions of scribus, you may find some ideas in there, how you can implement the functionality you need in a script.

depending on what you need it may be easy to do (and yes, we really need a way to apply character styles from the scripter!)

ciao
a.l.e