[scribus] Which Ubuntu releases do you use?

O. Moskalenko malex at scribus.info
Fri May 14 22:09:54 CEST 2010

* Julian Robbins <julian.robbins at q-par.com> [2010-05-14 10:10:25 +0100]:

>> I am updating scribus-ng package to current 1.3.7svn built with the newly
>> released and much improved PoDoFo 0.8.0 in the Scribus Team's upstream
>> archive. I would like to know what Ubuntu releases people on this list use. My
>> current plan is to switch to supporting the latest three releases - Lucid,
>> Karmic, Jaunty and drop the last remnants of Intrepid, Hardy, and Gutsy that I
>> still have in the archive. However, I would like the community input on this,
>> so please write back. If nobody writes back I will decide that nobody uses my
>> packages on these releases and just drop them to save time and effort.
>>
>> Alex.
>>
> Lucid 64 bit for me too. (however your current repo for Karmic works
> fine in Lucid anyway).
> Is there specific 64 bit versions for Scribus ? I never know why some
> apps need a specially compiled 64 bit version and some don't.
>
> --
> Kind regards
>
> Julian

Julian,

I build packages for both i386 (32-bit) and amd64 (64-bit) architectures and
they are both available from our repositories in The Scribus Archive. Your
system should pick the right package automatically as long as you have our
repository in your package manager's configuration. For lucid that would be
either

deb http://debian.scribus.net/debian/ lucid main non-free
or
deb http://debian.tagancha.org/debian/ lucid main non-free