[scribus] Crash

Bill208 repubo at gmail.com
Fri May 14 03:15:23 CEST 2010

Gary Joyce wrote:

> Using OSX 10.6.3 ... Scribus 1.3.5

Gary,

I don’t know specifically what is causing Scribus to crash, but I am
successfully using Scribus 1.3.6 on a Mac with OS 10.5.8.

I’ll offer a couple suggestions, starting with that you download the Scribus
1.3.6.dmg file from SourceForge and install that.

A second suggestion is to make sure your copy of Ghostscript is current. I’m
using Ghostscript 8.71. There is a Ghostscript .dmg available, but
apparently that does not work, or work well with Scribus. I installed
Macports and got Ghostscript from Macports. You’ll then need to give Scribus
the path to where Ghostscript is located using Preferences/External Tools
for Postscript Interpreter.

If you need more information, write-in again.

Bill