[scribus] Print problem

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Thu May 13 15:10:35 CEST 2010

On 05/13/2010 07:20 AM, Ray Chandler wrote:
> Scribus 1.3.3.13svn on Ubuntu 10.4.  Everything OK until I sent a job to print - locally connected printer which works fine from any other
> application. If I try to print directly from Scribus the print progress
> bar gets to about 50% and then the package freezes. If I export the job
> to pdf I can print from that with no problem, but when I don't otherwise need a pdf it would be handy to print straight from the Scribus job.
> Any ideas how to fix this?

On Fedora, I often need to use Alternative Print Command, so you might
try that.

example: 'lpr -Pmyprinter'

without the quotes, with or without a space between -P and the printer name.

This is fairly longstanding problem with Fedora, and seems to affect
only Scribus, suggesting that somehow Scribus isn't interacting with
CUPS the way other programs are.

Greg