[scribus] File format changes between 1.3.5 and 1.3.6?

Andrew A. Gill superluser at frontiernet.net
Wed May 12 16:20:05 CEST 2010

Well, Gentoo has finally made it nearly impossible to keep using
Scribus 1.3.3.13, and that means a forced upgrade for me.

Unfortunately, I need to make sure this works for two other
people when I upgrade, and they don't use Gentoo.

I've got one colleague who uses Windows, which means he will be
getting the 1.3.6 version unless I can get him to find an old
version of the Windows installer, and the other uses Ubuntu (he
should have Karmic), which means he can upgrade to scribus-ng,
which is 1.3.5 unless I can show him how to compile scribus from
source.

Gentoo offers 1.3.5 and 1.3.6.  Are there any file format changes
between the two versions or can I ask everyone to use whichever
version is latest for their system without worries about file
compatibility?

In order to keep using 1.3.3.x on my system, I will have to
compile from scratch a legacy version of Scribus, qt3, libpng,
and a few other packages, and install them alongside the current
versions of those packages, since Gentoo is no longer packaging
them, and the versions of those packages on my system no longer
link.

I really don't want to do that.

--
| Andrew A. Gill     To ensure continued quality of service,   |
|                    this e-mail is being monitored by the NSA |