[scribus] Something similar to bleeds, but without duplicated areas

Peter Nermander peter at nermander.se
Sun May 2 10:07:53 CEST 2010

> Ah yes, sorry for not replying. Both programs seem to work on raster
> images. I, however, would like to "simply" split the Scribus A3 pages
> when exporting them to pdf (as two-pages A4 documents). Text would
> remain text instead of being rasterised. I was wondering if there were
> some settings in Scribus that would allow me to do this.

Scribus does not (yet) have this feature, since Scribus is designed to
create documents "as is". With Scribus today the best solution for
tasks like thios is to create a PDF and the do post-processing on that
PDF.

If you google for "pdf poster" you will get several hits, a few of
them mentions that the Adobe Reader print dialog has options for
"tiling" a page into several sheets.

Other options are
http://posterazor.sourceforge.net/
http://posterprinter.sourceforge.net/

I haven't tried any of them, but have earlier tried some other program
(that I couldn't find right now) which allowed to set the size of the
overlapping margins etc. It also included options for both cutting
marks and aligning marks.

/Peter