[scribus] Big fonts in Scribus menus (Now OT)

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Sun May 2 00:37:06 CEST 2010

On Sun, 2 May 2010 00:00:37 +0200
"a.l.e" <ale.comp_06 at xox.ch> dijo:

>hi John Jason,
>
>> Does anyone have any idea how to change menu fonts in KDE apps
>> like Scribus when they are running on Gnome?
>
>you may try with qtconfig or qtconfig-qt4...

Thanks to you and Christoph for this suggestion. I do have the
Qt4-config utility. However, I have failed to hit the right combination
in order to get the menu font size reduced.

Under the Appearance tab I tried all the different GUI styles, but none
of them made any difference.

Under the fonts tab I changed the font and the font size, but Scribus
and all my other KDE apps just ignored the changes. (Saving the
settings in the Qt4 configuration GUI, then shutting down and restarting
the apps.)

The other tabs don't appear to have anything to do with the problem.

However, Christoph pointed out that I could change the menu fonts for
Scribus in Preferences. I did so and the problem is now solved for
Scribus. However, I still can't get any of the other KDE apps to use a
smaller menu font. Unlike Scribus, none of them have a menu font
setting in their preferences. Nevertheless, since the problem with
Scribus is resolved this thread is now OT for this list.

I'd still like to fix the problem for my other KDE apps.