[scribus] Selecting Polygons

Henry Hartley henryhartley at westat.com
Tue Mar 30 21:39:28 CEST 2010

Mike Sleger wrote:

>> What exactly means "not yet stable"? The latest Windows
>> release I see at scribus.net is 1.3.3.14.  Is there a
>> later version I could be using?

There are various development versions available on Sourceforge (link below). To be honest (hey, why not) I've lost track of what all the various numbers are but anything 1.3.4 or greater is currently a development version in some stage. My understanding (subject to correction from those more in the know than myself) is that 1.3.5 will eventually become the stable 1.4.0. I see a 1.3.6 so perhaps that's the current leading edge towards that goal. My guess is that's where you should go to see what will be in the not-too-distant future.

There is also a 1.5.0svn for the truly bleeding edge stuff. I guess that will become a stable 1.6 someday. I don't see Windows packages for that but they may be hiding somewhere.

In any case, they are all "not yet stable" and may crash, behave badly, eat your hard drive and neuter your cat. You have been warned. The .sla files created with any of them are practically guaranteed to be unusable with 1.3.3.x so beware with your important files.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/scribus/files/

--
Henry