[scribus] Text Kerning/Spacing Bug

Mike Sleger chappa-ai at msn.com
Tue Mar 30 21:10:27 CEST 2010

I haven't received the password yet and the trying again at the link below gives

      APPLICATION ERROR #800
      That username is already being used. Please go back and select another one.

There seems to be a bug with manual text character kerning.  When I manually adjust character spacing, when I later set the insertion bar between adjusted characters the text properties reports 0.0% spacing, even though the spacing is indeed adjusted.  When clicking one of the spin buttons to increase or decrease the spacing, the current spacing is reset to 0.0%.  Updates to adjusted character spacing is always from 0% instead of from the current spacing (so you had better get the spacing perfect on the first try!).

Mike