[scribus] intellectual property

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 26 14:36:07 CET 2010

On 03/26/2010 09:27 AM, avox wrote:

> I don't mean to criticise this list - I am just interested in commercial
> ethics.
>
> Clive Catterall
>
> Appreciated. I think we have compatible views on the patent system, just
> that mine is a little more pessimistic.

Two kinds of patents I find particularly disturbing are patents on file
formats*, and patents on ideas, where someone conceptualizes how
something might be done and without actually doing any work wants to
make money from their concept.

Greg

* Medically, this seems to extend to the idea that someone can
copyright/patent the file format and contents of _my_ DNA!