[scribus] Too large PDF Export file

Sveinn í Felli sveinki at nett.is
Tue Mar 23 08:54:41 CET 2010

Hi,

Þann þri 23.mar 2010 07:41, skrifaði Christer Eriksson:
> I think that I will give up my intention to use the perl script to reduce
> the size of my template pdf and find another way to solve my problem. It
> seems to me that the perl script is made for an UNIX environment and maybe
> I need to install something like cygwin or SFU on my Windows based PC(?).
> UNIX/Linux and perl script are not areas I'm familiar with, so if not
> somebody has a simple solution to reduce my pdf file size on my Windows
> platform, I will find another solution.
>
> But anyhow, thank you for the answers.
>

> /Regards Christer

Have you tried some of the PDF-printers available ?
That is, you would make your PDF from Scribus, then open in
Acrobat Reader (or similar) and print the document to such a
PDF-printing software, outputting it as another PDF-file.
There may be huge differences.
But as I recall, these PDF-printers give you more or often
less control over how the PDFs are printed.

Best regards

Sveinn í Felli