[scribus] Tagged PDFs?

Steven Dayton daytonmeister at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 03:23:12 CET 2010

As far as I know Scribus isn't yet able to make tagged PDF documents. I hope
there are plans to implement this in a future release.
Tagged PDF documents are a good thing in several areas. I haven't read the
article you point to but I have worked with tagged PDF over the years. One
nice advantage besides the accessibility issues is ability to select some
paragraphs of text and copy then paste it into a word processing document
and have the text re-flow instead getting a line for line set up with
paragraph returns after each line.

On Sun, Mar 21, 2010 at 2:59 PM, Thomas Zastrow <listen at thomas-zastrow.de>wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I was asked, if Scribus is able to create "tagged" PDF files? I found
> this article about tagged PDFs:
>
> http://www.planetpdf.com/enterprise/article.asp?ContentID=6067
>
> Best,
>
> Tom

StevenD

So you want it fast, good, and cheap. Choose any two.

A bad day at the beach is better than a good day at work.