[scribus] Transparency, PDF export, and file size

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Mon Mar 22 08:57:52 CET 2010

On Mon, 22 Mar 2010 00:58:51 -0600
Frank Cox <melville.theatre at gmail.com> dijo:

>On Sun, 2010-03-21 at 23:27 -0700, John Jason Jordan wrote:
>> Any suggestions welcome.
>
>This might be worth a try:
>
>http://www.capca.ucalgary.ca/~wdobler/utils/compress-newsletter.html

Thanks for the suggestion. It didn't help, Compressing the PDF just
makes it smaller on disk; it does not make it execute faster.

There was a thread here a few months ago about this issue, but I must
not have saved it. And I can't find the archives for this list.

I wish Scribus could flatten the transparency upon export. Or maybe it
can and I just don't know where the buttons are.