[scribus] Newspaper in Scribus

Ian Whitfield editor at federalsaints.net
Sun Mar 21 12:43:13 CET 2010

Hi Greg and John

Greg says...

"You might consider our manual, available from amazon -- just search
'Scribus' there. The manual covers versions 1.3.3.x, but except for some
rearrangements of some features like styles, for example, the functions
are much the same."

Ian Whitfield replied

I'm surprised - Isn't this publication available as a PDF or as an eBook at all??

Greg responded

we may do this in the future. The book came about because there were
those who wanted to have a printed book as a reference as opposed to the
online material.

We also are in the process of augmenting the online manual for 1.3.6,
which will share some similarities with the way information was
presented in the book.

and John added

This is a large work, heavily illustrated.  I find it more practical in
paperback form.  That way you can have the book alongside the computer as
you work.

I have on my shelf several books that are available free in pdf form
online. Books are handier than ring binders IMO.

If/when an e-book version is made available I would suggest a significant
price. A lot of people worked a lot of hours in putting the book together.
They deserve some recompense.

My comment.....

I was not asking for a FREE copy at all. I now own - like many other people I'm sure - an Electronic eBook Reader and fell that this is the way of the future! It would be nice to have it available on this device so that I can have it by the computer or read it away from the computer... just like a normal book.

If you make it available in PDF or ePub format (at a respectable price) do please let us know.

Thanks guys

Ian Whitfield.