[scribus] Deleting large image hangs 1.3.5.1

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Sun Mar 21 07:18:06 CET 2010

On Sat, 20 Mar 2010 23:58:41 -0600
Frank Cox <melville.theatre at gmail.com> dijo:

>On Sat, 2010-03-20 at 22:42 -0700, John Jason Jordan wrote:
>> Is there a way to delete the image using a text editor? (Note: I do
>> not
>> know the name of the graphic on disk, plus the graphic is used in
>> another document and I dare not delete it from disk even if I knew
>> its name.

>What if you copy the sla file to somewhere else, then open it.

It opens just fine, but still hangs when I try to delete the graphic.

I am also having problems deleting other items. I tried to delete a
small text frame containing just two words, and Scribus hung again.

I never had this problem when I ran the same version of Scribus on
Jaunty. This is the first time I have tried to use Scribus on Fedora
and it seems to be hanging all the time.