[scribus] Find a font

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Mon Mar 15 06:25:17 CET 2010

On Sun, 14 Mar 2010 23:02:56 -0500
Louis Desjardins <louis.desjardins at gmail.com> dijo:

>> >Well why not try simply deleting those blocks and see what happens.
>> >(have a back up of course)

>> Good suggestion. Didn't work. I saved it from Gedit as a copy, but
>> Scribus wouldn't open it. No error messages, it just failed to open
>> it. :(

>Could it be an invisible character such as a "paragraph return". This
>sometimes happens and it’s hard to find since nobody expects this.

It could be. It could also be a space at the end of a paragraph, where
the font setting came from text copied and pasted in from OOo. Or it
could be in a style that I never actually used, perhaps a style that
came in with some copied and pasted text. I also sometimes copied and
pasted graphics containing text from Inkscape; it could have come from
there.

My worry is that I may have actually used Arial in a block of text.
Switching it to a different version of Arial could cause text reflow
and I might not catch it before printing the document.

This used to happen to me on occasion several years ago when I used
InDesign. But with InDesign there was a means of locating text
document-wide that had a particular font applied to it. In Scribus I
can only do searches in Story Editor, and this document has over a
hundred stories.

At least I can now assume that a document-wide search function is
lacking in Scribus. I may have to bite the bullet and search one story
at a time.