[scribus] Making PDFs

Andrew Ampers Taylor ampers at gmail.com
Thu Mar 11 15:12:19 CET 2010

I had a problem sending up a PDF of a 12 page A4 Scribus document to ISSUU.
(ISSUU is a website that publishes documents for people.)

I read the ISSUU instructions for formatting the PDF and there was one part
that said the fonts should be embedded but not in outline format.

I found I could only choose "not embedded" or "embedded and outline" format.
Whilst the latter would not work with ISSUU I was fortunate enough to be
successful by not embedding my fonts.

Is this a problem of my not understanding the terminology here, or is there
a problem within the PDF making code within Scribus?

I am using whatever stable edition is sitting in the Ubuntu 9.10 repository.

Andrew "Ampers" Taylor -  London UK - Journalist & Editor of The Finchley
Arrow
Voice: UK 020-8020 3904 - USA 1-202-580 8694 Fax 020-8020 3905 Mobile 0794
162 2401
Websites: www.FinchleyArrow.co.uk, www.ampers.co.uk, ampers.wordpress.com
groups.google.co.uk/group/andrews-humour - "ampers" on Skype  ampers on
Picasa
Founder and first editor of The Archer and The Finchley Arrow (London local
newspapers)