[scribus] Choose filename when saving as image.

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Sun Mar 7 08:09:53 CET 2010

hi john,

> For some reason when one saves a file as e.g. png there is no way to
> choose an output file name. This is awkward when one wants so save
> both a small and a large png of the same file for use as a thmbnail
> and full size image on a web page.  My workaround is to save at one
> size, rename that file from the command line, and then save at the
> other size.

while i agree with you that it would be nice to have a way to set the name of the image files generated, you already have an easy and powerful workaround in scribus: just export the images to different directories.

and if your goals is just to create thumbnails of the images, you may try to use phatch (a very fine gui-based photo batch processor) instead of exporting the image several times from scribus!

ciao
a.l.e