[scribus] alignment of text frames after inserting a new page

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Sat Mar 6 16:51:48 CET 2010

On Saturday 06 March 2010 08:17:23 Peter Nermander wrote:
> > Yes and no. Depends on how the book is structured. For instance, as is
> > often the case, chapters start on a right page.
>
> I think it is very inappropriate to make such an assumption. I just
> looked through a few books here and many of them start new chapters on
> a left page.

I have seen three styles in books, and used all three in various cases:
1. chapters begin on recto (right hand) page.
2. chapters can begin on either recto or verso.
3. chapters can begin in the middle of a page (mostly on mass market
paperbacks.)

Whatever the choice chapter 1 begins on recto, and the first chapter after a
Part begins on recto.

--
John Culleton
Able Indexers and Typesetters