[scribus] justification

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Mon Mar 1 09:08:41 CET 2010

dear madam apfel,

>  I am enjoying using Scribus.  Even with my limited knowledge of computers, I feel I can obtain a good product with Scribus.  I am having trouble with justification as evidenced by my document attached (text box "When One Expert is not Enough").  I would appreciate any help you can give.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Marilyn Apfel

as other users also noticed, you have pressed the carriage return (or
enter key) at the end of each line instead of letting scribus reflow
automatically your text.

you should use the return key at the of each paragraph and not at the
end of the lines.

in order to solve your problem, you may go to the end of each line which
does not allign correctly and press the delete key to pull up the next
line. you may have to add a space between the two words if they get joined.

(on a mac (or any computer without a delete key) you may have to go to
the next line and press the backspace key instead of the delete key.)

finally, under the view menu, you have a "show control character" which
will show you the space as a colored ° and the end of paragraphs as a
strange reversed P: showing the control characters may help you to fix
more quickly the issue.

i hope that this helps you sort out the problem and don't hesitate to
further ask if you're still stuck!

greetings
a.l.e