[scribus] Fink/MacPorts : Scribus for MacOS X 10.4.11 with PowerPC G4 processor

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Tue Jun 29 09:29:33 CEST 2010

hi gunter

> I would like to have a recent and stable Scribus for MacOS X, 10.4.11,
> and a PowerPC G4 processor.
>
> Here are my issues :
>
> - http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Installing_Scribus_on_Mac_OS_X
>
> I tried to use fink, but
>
> -----
>
> pb : Gunter$ fink list scribus
> Information about 1998 packages read in 1 seconds.
>     scribus   1.2.3-1001  Layout program
>
> -----
>
> Could I build nothing newer than version 1.2.3-1001 using fink ?

i could install scribus 1.3.7 through fink on 10.4.11 (intel), so you
should be able to do the same.

you will have to install from source, though (no idea how to do it from
the command line... in this specific case i'm a lazy guy using
finkcommander... it's worth: it has a wonderfull icon!)

ah, and you will have to install scribus135 (which actually is the 1.3.7
version... and don't instal the aqua version)

ah, and take your time: you will have to compile qt first...

ciao
a.l.e