[scribus] How well is book and software in synch?

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 26 21:19:32 CEST 2010

On 06/26/2010 08:45 AM, TageSK wrote:
> To learn how to use Scribus I would be happy to buy the book.
> But how far has the software deviated from the book since it was printed?
>
> If this is a FAQ I'm indeed sorry, but I couldn't find the answer.

If you're using Scribus from the 1.3.3.x series, the book remains
faithful. If you're using from the 1.3.5+ series, there have been some
changes. In general, the basic operation of Scribus is much the same.

At this point, we are planning a 2nd edition of the book, which should
come out some time after 1.4 becomes the stable version, so it will
still be a while.

Greg