[scribus] Colour Management, etc

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Thu Jun 24 21:52:18 CEST 2010

On Wednesday 23 June 2010 12:19:26 Gregory Pittman
wrote:

> I think we're  pretty tolerant of people having their
opinions here, but
> that doesn't mean we're happy about people using this
ML to tout the
> benefits of Inkscape or TeX or whatever over Scribus.
>
> It's something like being invited to dinner at a person's
home and then
> talking about how good the food was somewhere else.
>
> Greg

I think the Scribus audience is large enough that
recommending something else for a particular app is not
going to upset the apple cart. Having learned Scribus first I
find it easier than Inkscape. So that is not even worth
discussing. De gustibus non disputandum or something like
that.

For labels recently I turned to a little known TeX macro. But
TeX at that level is definitely an acquired taste. I wouldn't
suggest it for others. Open Office has a template for Avery
18260 labels that would be the ideal choice if you happen to
need that layout. It can be modified to handle other labels
but then you are into the business of measuring the label
stock, the gaps and so on.

I learned long ago that you can do almost anything with any
language. For labels I suggest whatever DTP or WP program
the user is most familiar with.
--
John Culleton
Wexford Press