[scribus] Scribus 1.3.7, Help → About Scribus, name of authors and translators, not correctly displayed

LIVINE Christin help at scribus.info
Sun Jun 20 20:09:07 CEST 2010

Submitted on 06/20/2010
Submitted by anonymous user: [10.1.5.224]

Submitted values are:

   Name: LIVINE Christin
   Email Address: lcn at mail.pf
   Subject: Scribus 1.3.7, Help → About Scribus, name of authors and
translators, not correctly displayed
   Message:
Hi,

Tested with scribus 1.3.7 on Windows 7 64 bits french.

In  Help → About Scribus, the name of authors and translators are not
correctly displayed. for example : Petr VanÄ›k, Christoph Schäfer…

I found the credit files in installdir\Scribus 1.3.7\share\doc : AUTHORS for
Authors tab, COPYING for Licence tab, LINKS for Online tab, TRANSLATION for
Translations tab.

The format of AUTHORS and TRANSLATION files is : text, UTF-8 without BOM.
The content of those files is PARTLY (see bottom…) correct, the name of
authors and translators are correctly written.

So the problem is in Help → About Scribus. Maybe there is a problem with
ANSI and UTF-8 translator.

When writing the report, I found an other problem : In AUTHORS, some parts of
the file are not correctly written : Mac OS® X Aqua Port,
OS/2®/eComStation™ Port, Windows® Port.

Maybe, "®" was introduced to replace "®" because of the problem of ANSI
and UTF-8 translator in  Help → About Scribus.

Bye.

   About your Scribus program:
     Version: 1.3.7svn
     Prebuilt/Compiled: Compiled
     Build Date:
   Your operating system and CPU:
     Type: Windows
     Version: Windows 7 64 bits french
     CPU type: 64 bit (x86_64/amd64)

The results of this submission may be viewed at:
http://www.scribus.net/?q=node/158/submission/454