[scribus] Compiling Scribus 1.3.7 at home

Christoph Schäfer christoph-schaefer at gmx.de
Mon Jun 14 20:28:14 CEST 2010

Am Sonntag, 13. Juni 2010 10:56:58 schrieb Roger:
> Hello all
> I haven't been on list for quite some time, been busy but use Scribus a
> lot.
>
> I just compiles 1.3.7 on Fedora 11 with no problems and it works well.
>
> How can I recompile Scribus 1.3.7 on Fedora 11 so that it will install
> into Ubuntu 10.4.
> Thanks in advance
> Roger

This won't work, unless you are prepared for a lot of grey hair or even loss
of hair, whether you tear it out yourself or simply lose it out of
desperation.

I suggest you either build Scribus on *buntu or just install it as described
here: http://docs.scribus.net/index.php?lang=en&page=install-dpkg

Christoph