[scribus] Fwd: Re: Ubunto with Linux 2.6.32-24 Generic

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 29 03:13:36 CEST 2010

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Re: [scribus] Ubunto with Linux 2.6.32-24 Generic
Date: 	Wed, 28 Jul 2010 18:04:19 -0700 (PDT)
From: 	Linda Berke <lucythebaddog at yahoo.com>
To: 	Gregory Pittman <gregp_ky at yahoo.com>

I just sent this to another person who tried to help. You guys are just
great!

It won't allow me to d/l the Scribus pkg in the K Menu Software Mgr. I
am wondering if it's because I had so many problems and crashes in the
beginning that my son disabled it. With the newer version, once I got
all the new updates for a newer version of Linux, maybe it's still disabled.

I guess I no longer have the other version of Linux, it's some updated
thing that seems to work really well. At first there were a million
updates then it slowed down. This works far better than the one before
it. Forgot about that part.

In the MEANTIME, I went into my Windows partition and found that MS
Small Business is indeed compatible with XP Pro x64. No problems and I'm
all set. I am now so used to the Linux partition I use it all the time
(but not anymore). For ME it is limited as far as what I personally need
to use. I am already good at Windows Movie Maker and things like that so
why take something lesser?

As I said, Linux is for programmers, UC Santa Cruz Unix students and ppl
who like to find and fix bugs.

Thank you tho and now I'm all set except my old Windows XP hard drive is
only accessible in Linux, ACK. I cut and paste everything into Linux
because this hard drive will die eventually.

I can't believe how many have responded to my dilemma in a very short
period of time. I am impressed and very grateful.

Linda in Santa Cruz, CA