[scribus] MS Publisher

Trevor Jenkins bslwannabe at gmail.com
Thu Jul 22 16:41:08 CEST 2010

On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 12:07 AM, Ray <risely at tadaust.org.au> wrote:

> For anyone considering buying MS Publisher just to read someone else's .pub
> files, beware some versions of Publisher will NOT read files from different
> versions.

Microsoft did that with Word too. There was a time when the only way to
handle files between Office 97/2003 and Office 2007 was to use
OpenOffice.org v3 Beta. And MS's service pack for Office 2007 to provide
direct cross-version compatiblity for their own product was a massive 175Mb.
The confusion this caused for students in the college I worked at that time
was huge.

> One of the reasons I moved away from the MS Publisher program.
>
> OK, Page Plus is not free, but the time taken to produce good pages, costs
> money too.

About 15 years there was a give away copy of Page Plus in the front cover of
a UK magazine. I used that for a few months when producing a newsletter. It
was okay and there was then nothing from Microsoft.

Regards, Trevor.

<>< Re: deemed!