[scribus] Scribus slowness workarounds?

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 22 15:33:46 CEST 2010

On 07/21/2010 04:44 PM, a.l.e wrote:
> hi jluc
>
>> Le 21/07/2010 15:37, Severn Clay a écrit :
>>
>> Speed and user friendlyness matter a lot, for sure.
>>
>>> I work on
>>> documents of 25-50 pages, and I've even tried breaking the files
>>> up, but then keeping styles and formatting changes consistent
>>> between the parts became burdensome - and things were still slow.
>>
>> is there no way to share styles across documents ?
>
> not really sharing them, no.
>
> but you can import styles from another document, which may be what you need...

At LGM 2010, there was someone who made a picture book of photographs
from New Zealand, who claimed to have written some code which created
some sort of caching of images. He said that rather than having to wait
many many minutes for files to load, it was reduced to 20 seconds.

He also said that he contributed this code back to the project, but I
never heard anything from any of the devs about this.

Greg