[scribus] Opening MS Publisher files

Keith Abraham kabraham at gmx.com
Thu Jul 22 15:05:41 CEST 2010

Pardon me if no one has mentioned this before but why don't you tell
your MS Publisher users to send you their files in .ps or .eps format?
MS Publisher can do it i.e. "File -> Save As" (or it could the last time
I looked). Most users don't know you can do that and when you tell them
they're surprised and get the satisfaction that they've learn something.

There are plenty of postscript converters/viewers around (for free if
you use Linux/FreeBSD).

I don't know how good MS Publisher is at producing postscript files from
complex layouts but I've had no problem with the .ps files user's have
sent me.