[scribus] Word Art

Alexandre Prokoudine alexandre.prokoudine at gmail.com
Wed Jul 21 23:12:30 CEST 2010

On 7/21/10, K.King wrote:
>   <<
> Where or what is the Scribus version of Word Art
>  >>

> Unless I've missed something recently I don't think there is an
> equivalent in Scribus.

Which is great, because every time someone uses WordArt, Robert
Bringhurst kills a kitten.

Seriously, there is nothing catchy in WordArt. The real 3D typography
is a whole different thing. Yes, it requires studying and practicing,
but then you end up with really stunning work.

http://vector.tutsplus.com/articles/inspiration-amazing-3d-typography/
http://www.hongkiat.com/blog/70-wonderful-3d-typography-that-truely-inspires/
...and so on

WordArt comes nowhere close in terms of either aesthetics or practical
usefulness. And anyway, don't you people pity poor kittens? :)

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org