[scribus] Opening MS Publisher files

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Wed Jul 21 22:24:47 CEST 2010

On Wednesday 21 July 2010 15:46:59 Alexandre Prokoudine
wrote:
> On 7/21/10, Trevor Jenkins wrote:
> > using. To be honest I don't care what versin *they* are
running. What I
> > do care about is getting the content out and into better
tools.

> If you want me to reverse-engineer .pub, then you have to
care about
> that. Of course, you can keep not caring -- it's up to you.
But I'd
> rather like to know if the most popular version among
those in use
> runs on WINE.
>
> Alexandre Prokoudine
> http://libregraphicsworld.org

I remember reading somewhere that there may be
differences in format from one version of MSPublisher and
another.  So it might help to know what version they are
running.  Then you could buy that version on e-bay and run it
on someone's machine that has Windows.  I have a Win XP
partition on which it could be run.
--
John Culleton
Wexford Press